Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum-UHC Technology is out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. Our team is focused on driving change, modernization, and ensuring reliable and stable systems so that we can help to transform health care - making it easier, more affordable, and more effective for those we serve. We are passionate about technology and the role it plays to create distinctive experiences to our constituents. While we are always focused on how technology can help us deliver faster and with improved quality, we are far more enthusiastic about the ways technology can reinvent how we deliver on our mission in partnership with our lines of business and Optum Technology.
The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. The UnitedHealth Group family of businesses is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace every day by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere.
If you're in, you'll be challenged like never before. It's time to join this history making.
- Meaningful work in a healthcare technology company that is ranked #5 on the Fortune 500 list
- An environment that is collaborative, diverse, friendly, and fun
- Cross functional teams that solve problems, while leveraging cutting edge technology
- Flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S.
This role will be primarily design, development, implement, and maintain information systems using industry best practices, tools, methodologies, standards and guideline. Works closely within cross-functional teams to understand key business stakeholder needs to develop and deliver high-quality solutions, and makes the healthcare system better for all involved. Primary Responsibilities:
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative approaches and solutions
- Performs complex conceptual analyses
- Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Provides explanations and information to others on the most complex issues
- Participates in other required design reviews (e.g., peer reviews, business/partner reviews, Voice of the Customer)
- Adheres to applicable enterprise development methodologies and processes (e.g., Scrum, Agile, Waterfall, Iterative, and EPMO)
- Performs risk assessments with mitigation plans to ensure continuity/consistency/compatibility with existing solutions, and communicates to appropriate business and IT stakeholders
- Ensure that technical specifications/design documents are clearly and comprehensively documented, understood and traceable to the application / system design (e.g., traceability matrix)
- Account for applicable security requirements in technical specifications/design documents
- Optimizes user experience, especially where system interfaces directly with users
- Ensure optimal application configurability and automation to support multiple business models and technical platforms
- Ensure compliance with applicable code standards and architectures
- Reviews, troubleshoots, and remediates potential coding issues
- Creates, documents, and executes appropriate unit test plans, and documents results to ensure that code works as designed
- Ensures that product / software code is clearly and comprehensively developed and traceable back to technical specifications (e.g. traceability matrix)
- Provide or support development of release documentation to applicable groups (e.g., release notes, change requests)
- Analyze / fix defects identified in testing (e.g., root cause analysis)
- Partner with applicable groups (e.g., QA) to develop, review and/or provide feedback on testing scenarios
- Identify scenarios that may require regression and/or integration testing, and communicate to appropriate testing groups (e.g., QA)
- Execute and / or support all required testing (e.g., performance, integration, volume)
- Work with Infrastructure Services to resolve issues identified in specific testing environments
- Support and / or coordinate integration testing with associated applications and systems, as needed
- Ensures that the deployment process is compliant with all operational requirements for the product/software
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering field
- 4+ years of experience with SDLC
- 2+ years of demonstrated proficiency in Java
- 1+ years of demonstrated proficiency in Jenkins/GIT
- Experience with software development delivery using Agile principles and framework
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment. Technology Careers with Optum.
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery models
- Experience with acceptance-test-driven development
- Healthcare background
Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm) Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
To know more about Optum Technology, select this video: http://youtu.be/7iNvN3d3HNA