Title: Lead Network Engineer
Location: Fremont, CA [Onsite]
Type: Full-time Permanent with Iron Systems
- Assist customers in design and implement the networks within the datacenter.
- leadership techniques, principles, and procedures to assign work, schedule, supervise, train, and evaluate the work.
- Organizational strategy and goals with, consistency, and open communications with team members.
- Communication with technical SMEs from the initial engagement to certification activities from the target carriers.
- Field-work POPs, Colo, or enterprise/business office, vendor facing documents, build plans, survey, & Test reports.
- Satisfaction of customer stakeholders during surveys & audits.
- Technical requirements, feature devop scope for compliance of target carriers, feature lockdown and discuss the development scope.
Preferred Skillsets: Project Management Experience
- Strong carrier engagement with understanding of requirements and deliverables, close coordination with all stakeholders.
- Communicate ideas effectively, preparation of detailed reports and logs
- Implement the network, datacenter builds and manage circuit design, layout & provisioning.
- Leading projects using agile methodologies and tools
- Team management skills
Preferred Skillsets: Technical Experience
- IP networking, security, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS STP, VLAN, CDP, LLDP, BGP, ISIS/OSPF/EIGRP, and IPv4/IPv6 network & trouble shooting
- MPLS/DWDM/WAN/LAN/VOIP, Fiber-optic: cable/connector types, optic types, patch panels
- Any Scripting languages like Python, Linux/Unix Shell, JSP, Ruby, Perl etc.
- Access Control – RADIUS, AD, network monitoring - nagios, manage engine, load balancers - kemp, AWS; traffic simulation, IXIA, gigamon, spirent etc.
- Product development, design, implementation, & support of IP / MPLS network services.
- Core networking and wireless technologies.
- 10+ years of enterprise IT infrastructure, datacenter infrastructure, telecom industry experience or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience implementing enterprise network solutions, and troubleshooting issues
- 3+ years of experience configuring security systems.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of engineers.
- Bachelor’s in information technology or equivalent
- CCNP, JNCIP certifications [Nice to have not mandatory]
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $140,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fremont, CA 94536: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- IP networking: 10 years (Required)
- Network security: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location