The Mechanical Engineer II will assist Lead Mechanical Engineers with design and engineering of facility mechanical
systems. Develop skills necessary to perform as Lead Mechanical Engineer on projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform calculations required to ensure safe, correct and economical designs.
- Design process piping systems including routing, sizing, materials selection, and pipe supports.
- Design process ductwork systems.
- Develop Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's) for facility mechanical systems.
- Evaluate and/or specify mechanical process systems and support equipment.
- Evaluate general arrangements of process equipment and their utility requirements.
- Coordinate vendor provided conveyor systems with process equipment.
- Drive the development of drawing packages by providing direction and assistance to designers; 60% Review, 95% Review, Issued for Bid (IFB), and Issued for Construction (IFC).
- Utilize AutoCAD for system designs and development of drawing packages.
- Review drawing details for accuracy, standardization, and completeness.
- Coordinate material take-offs for purchase of all materials required for fabrication and installation of Roeslein provided pre-fabricated and unitized systems.
- Prepare Request for Quotations and solicit bids for equipment, systems, and unitized components.
- Coordinate with the project Electrical Engineers to facilitate design of power distribution systems, power panels and control panels.
- Coordinate with Roeslein fabrication facilities on all fabricated, pre-assembled, and unitized system designs.
- Travel domestically and internationally ranging from 10-30% per year; to assist in the installation and startup of process systems.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employees at all locations.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner, and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization's goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in an office and an uncontrolled atmosphere. Exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. Must be able to travel to jobsites both domestically and internationally; living accommodations in some foreign assignments may not meet expected U.S. standards. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will, regularly, be required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear; and work in a consistent state of alertness and in a safe manner. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis is required.
SKILL / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITY / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- EIT registration is preferred.
- AutoCAD and drafting experience beyond a basic level is preferred.
- Experience developing drawings for fabrication of piping systems is preferred.
- Experience with selection and specification of pumps, support equipment and/or HVAC equipment is preferred.
- Knowledge of typical piping and piping component materials and appropriate applications is preferred.
- Ability to manage time and efforts towards completing designs on time and within budgets is required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written is required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs are required.
- Ability to work flexible hours with some weekend and holiday work required.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Must have a valid driver license to safely commute between St. Louis, MO Headquarters and Red Bud, IL as needed.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Must comply with Roeslein & Associate’s core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.
- Ability to independently evaluate, select, design, typical facility mechanical systems and equipment.
- Exercises judgement on major portions of work and in making decisions and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
Roeslein & Associates anticipates a salary of between $63,000 - $79,000/yr for this position, depending on the applicant’s experience, education, skills, and abilities. Roeslein benefits are designed to invest in you. For regular full-time salaried and hourly positions, we offer a comprehensive benefits structure that includes: Competitive wages, bonus program, travel bonus, paid time off and paid holidays. Retirement benefits include: an employee stock option program, 401(k) with company match and profit-sharing contribution. Health and Well-Being benefits include: medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and travel insurance.