As a Software Engineer on the Digital Advice team, you will be focusing on building broader digital advice capabilities that can be applied across Principal products and experiences around the globe.
In this role, you’ll work to provide the best customer experience for our clients through innovative technology platforms while building out cloud capabilities with AWS.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Be a true full stack engineer. Our teams focus on delivering the best products for our customers which means you will have the opportunity to do work like build out AWS infrastructure using CDK, create excellent front end experiences leveraging React and TypeScript, and collaborate with team members leveraging GitHub.
- Leverage the latest AWS serverless technologies (API Gateway, CloudFront, EventBridge, Lambda, S3, Step Functions, etc.) to build out some of Principal’s highest trafficked web experiences.
- Work in a highly dynamic environment with very strong technical and product team members. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your skillset everyday learning from others and bringing your ideas to the table.
- Stay current and engaged on industry trends. Through your day-to-day work, you’ll have many opportunities to utilize new tools and technologies. We also have weekly team learning sessions, monthly opportunities to build on a project or solve a problem of your choosing, and many more company-wide communities to help you grow.
- Contribute to the culture of sharing ideas and celebrating creativity. We value transparency and are also active maintainers and contributors to many of the company’s innersourcing projects.
Salary Range Information
- Associate's or bachelor's degree (preference in a computer science, technology, engineering or math-related field) or equivalent experience
- Experience with AWS/Cloud Technologies
- Basic planning, organizational, problem-solving, analytical, decision-making and communication skills required
- Excellent time management skills preferred
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality
- Must have the desire and ability to learn new technology and continuously grow
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams and collaborate with both IT and non-IT partners
- May be required to provide on-call support.
Salary ranges below reflect targeted base salaries. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer. Salary Range
$73100 - $172800 / yearAdditional Information
Remote candidates will be considered for this position. Job level
We will consider talent at the next level with the right experiences and skills.How We Hire
Once you apply, your application is hand reviewed by our talent team. Generally within a few weeks, the team makes interview selection decisions and communicates those via email. If selected, you’ll receive an email from Principal Talent Team to complete a pre-recorded interview on your own time. Be sure to check your email frequently and follow the steps shared to submit timely.
Learn more about our hiring steps and find answers to frequently asked questions. Work Authorization/Sponsorship
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes, but is not limited to students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.) Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization. Experience Principal
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values , benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career. Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
LinkedIn Remote Hashtag