What you'll do...
About the Team:
As a part of Walmart Enterprise Business Services, you will build industry defining reusable customer and partner facing services and products to drive differentiated experiences and revenue. As a leader in the Digital Transformation space, you will be in the unique position to service both our customers/supplies and our associates in all business segments of Walmart. If you are the type of person who has a strong sense of ownership in what they work on, has an agile mindset, a passion for full stack tech, enjoys solving complex problems, tinkers with the latest technology, fosters strong relationships to build trust, and works for the success of the entire team - then our Senior Manager I – Software Engineering role, could be for you. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software engineering, has broad expertise in front end and back-end technologies, has experience developing or leading full stack engineering teams, and has experience working across large enterprise engineering and infrastructure teams to deploy enterprise grade solutions that drive disruptive digital transformation.
- Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; directing and reviewing design artifacts (for example, proof of concepts, prototypes); writing and developing code as needed; overseeing software design; reviewing unit test cases; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; directing project team and cross functional teams; enhancing design to prevent reoccurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
- Leads the work of cross-functional groups of ten to twenty engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short and long term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions; implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); directing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; directing root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and reviewing and approving online documentation.
- Supports business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities and drive resolution; partnering with business to define priorities; identifying short- and long-term solutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
- Leads the discovery phase of large projects to develop high level design by partnering with the Product Management, Business and User Experience teams; obtaining cross-function approvals; driving proof-of-concept; and implementing prototypes to validate ideas.
- Partners with Engineering, Infrastructure, Infosec and Operations teams to create enterprise solutions that are reliable, scalable, and secure.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Defines vision and strategies for the engineering team, develops and manages budget in area of responsibility; manages contractor, vendor, and supplier onboarding processes.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction toothers in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
What you need to be successful in the role:
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things to the next level and a passion for adopting the latest industry best practices.
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Must have 2+ years of experience leading teams and people in a technical capacity
- Experience with agile frameworks and facilitating ceremonies
- Strong in competencies around planning, communication, and stakeholder management
- CI/CD experience including automated Testing experience with mindset to build self-testing code
- Promotes a disciplined approach to development, code review, testing, documentation, and code structure in a team environment.
- Experience with project build with CICD pipelines through Jenkins, understanding of deterministic functional testing, End to End automation.
- 10+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer, across front-end & back-end stacks.
·Strong design and architecture experience
·Experience with messaging – Kafka and MQ
·Cloud experience and experience building microservices, cloud-native applications. Kubernetes
·Experience with large scale high availability applications
oPerformance and Instrumentation
We’d Love to See:
- Experience with 4-in-the-box product leadership
- Experience with GraphQL/Apollo and graph federation
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Splunk, Grafana.
- Cloud experience: Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, micro-services architectures (REST), event-based architecture (JMS, Kafka, Active MQ, MQTT etc), stream technologies (Storm, Spark, etc)
- Databases experience: relational (SQL Server, MySQL), NoSQL document storage (Azure Cosmos, Mongo, Cassandra, etc.)
About Walmart Global Tech
- Imagine working in an environment where one experiment can catapult an entire industry toward a smarter future. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Benefits & Perks:
- Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are?
- Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualification s for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualification s.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 5 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
2 years’ supervisory experience.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualification s for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualification s.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related fieldPrimary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associate s, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experience s, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.