Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445JOIN US AS A SR DATA SCIENTIST - Network Capacity Optimization REMOTE OR HQAbout This Opportunity:
At Target, our mission is to become America's easiest place to shop. Do you want to shape the future Supply Chain and Logistics strategy for a Fortune 50 company? Are you excited at the prospect of analyzing large data sets and solving complex real-world problems? Do you enjoy spearheading large-scale changes and driving innovation through data and analytics? Do you want to help optimize Target's Global Supply Chain? If so, Target's Network Planning team is for you!
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will contribute to the team that is at the heart of Target's supply chain strategy. Within the Network Capacity team, you will develop cutting edge in-house tools and optimization models that drive operational performance. You will work closely with stakeholders across the company in Finance, Merchandising, Stores and the GSCL teams to enable transformation. This role will help drive your career development through robust problem solving, influencing senior leaders, sharpening your technology skills and giving you a deep understanding of one of the largest omnichannel supply chains in the world. Data Modeling & Analysis:
Project, Process, and Program Management:
- Build automated reports on business metrics in in Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Hive).
- Provide insights on underlying supply chain patterns through application based visualization utilizing Python, R.
- Deploy data-science techniques and recommend algorithmic solutions to business problems based on big data analytics, data mining and statistical modelling.
- Conduct forecasting to determine volumes and shifts ensuring necessary capacity requirements.
Consulting and Process Improvement:
- Provide analytical support for projects and programs such as throughput and storage capacity optimization, inventory health management, assortment selection, demand forecasting (time series analysis) etc.
- Influence leaders by providing accurate data analysis, interpretation, with well-founded insights. Impact and influence key decisions throughout the project life cycle in conjunction with senior leaders.
- Develop reports from complex unstructured data and proactively manage their quality on a timely basis.
- Provide data support to the peers as well as broader team stakeholders.
- Ensure consistency and clarity so all processes stay current and are updated as scheduled.
- MS in Operations Research, Math, Statistics, Physics, Computer science or equivalent work experience
- 2 plus years of work experience in data analytics or data sciences at scale
- Expert level experience with SQL as well as strong knowledge of Python/R
- Previous Supply Chain experience / exposure preferred
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Proven ability using data to drive changes and improvements in an operational environment
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate complex concepts in written and verbal form
- Good problem solving and project management experience
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times yr. Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $82,000 to $147,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits
from financial and education to well-being and beyond. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1- for additional information.