Position Summary: Will be responsible to oversee Signature Projects from start to completion while being the single point of contact for the customer & MBW. This will consist of setting up new contracted work for maximum profit. Duties also include reviewing the budget from the Estimator, conducting a turnover meeting, planning the sequences of installations prior to job start, ordering materials (BOM), reviewing daily timecards of workers on assigned jobs, coordinating with MBW Superintendent and client on scheduling of the crew, and managing costs and compliance at all times for the duration of the project. Project Manager is expected to protect and promote Mark Beamish Waterproofing’s interests in all matters and do whatever is reasonably necessary to discharge their duties and responsibilities as indicated below.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Take primary responsibility for Signature Projects, which range from contract size of $100K to $250K. The number of jobs can vary but could include minimum of $5,000,000-$10,000,000 worth of backlog or greater. Estimated yearly total job count could be (50-85) but could vary at any given time.
- Oversee projects once MBW has been contracted. This includes a successful handoff/turnover from the Estimating to Operations team, including a thorough review of contracts, submittals, change orders, and any other specifications provided.
- Will be required to operate in Salesforce, ExakTime, & Sage software to manage projects.
- Manage the budget for labor and materials, including equipment. Provide progress updates as needed regarding costs and timelines.
- Will work directly with customer to setup project schedule, coordinate MBW Superintendent to walk jobsite as needed and work with MBW Project Coordinator to meet the job needs.
- Will be required to submit billing for all projects & order materials per MBW purchase order process.
- Serve as the central point of contact for the client.
- Utilize scheduling needs provided by customer to schedule appropriate labor and materials. Ensure timely completion of the required work for all divisions involved.
- Monitor material usage to ensure appropriate handling, manage additional needs, and oversee any material returns upon completion of work in conjunction with the Materials Resource Coordinator.
- Problem solve project issues and opportunities as necessary, including site visits where appropriate.
- Collaborate with MBW Safety Consultants, and client Safety Manager to ensure all safety needs/documentation are addressed prior to commencement of work, and that all safe practices are adhered to.
- Monitor daily production logs to ensure progress, quality, and safety.
- Track daily time card activity to confirm accuracy and to effectively monitor labor budgets.
- Maintain open communication with all stakeholders throughout the project, including the client, MBW Superintendent, MBW General Manager, and Executive Management.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, thoroughness, attention to detail, and an ability to prioritize, multitask, and be proactive and deadline oriented.
- Read and understand work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals effectively.
- Interact effectively and respectfully with customers, vendors, and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Uphold the core values and mission statement of MBW at all times.
Education and Experience: ·
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- 2-3 years Construction experience desired
- 5+ years’ experience in Construction Project Management preferred
- 2+ years’ experience with Painting Applications & Projects
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, architectural specification
- Understanding of all scopes of work MBW performs
- Knowledgeable in use of Salesforce, Outlook, Excel preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Valid California driver’s license
Work Environment and Physical Demands of the Position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in the office, warehouse and/or jobsites and may be exposed to various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud. This position is performed indoors in an office environment (80%) and in outside weather conditions (20%).
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand (40%), sit (30%), walk (30%), talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision.
Job Applicants only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Construction Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Painting Application: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location