Network Security Engineer position
Who we are: Advanced Radiology Services is one of the largest physician-owned radiology practices in the country. Our growing practice includes 214 radiologists, 44 advanced practice providers, and more than 180 employees providing administrative support in our wholly owned subsidiary STARS. We value diversity on our team and promote a culture of inclusion.
What we are looking for: We are hiring a Network Security Engineer. Under general direction, the Network Security Engineer is responsible for independent work designing, implementing, managing, troubleshooting, and maintaining the STARS and ARS IT Infrastructure. This work will be accomplished in conjunction with the rest of the IT Security and Infrastructure teams.
- Maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the organizations systems and data which are critical to patient care.
- Serve as a Systems Administrator for network security systems and controls such as firewalls, VPN devices, and edge routers.
- Design, install, and maintain assigned systems with a focus on uptime and performance in a mission critical environment.
- Ensure proper testing is performed during deployment.
- Research and evaluate new technology and approaches, make recommendations to management.
- Create and clarify technical requirements, system documentation, training materials, and change management documentation.
- Monitor systems and Infrastructure and analyze system trends such as bandwidth usage.
- Contract with, and supervise outside specialists and consultants.
- Remains current on job-specific knowledge and trends through training, conferences, seminars.
- Responds to 24-hour calls for emergency technical assistance, per on-call rotation schedule.
- Work with users to resolve issues that have been escalated within the Infrastructure and Security Teams.
- Coordinate systems and technology implementation plans with staff and outside vendors.
- Serves as a liaison across the organization to investigate and resolve cyber security problems.
- Keep abreast of current threat actor tactics and techniques in order to properly defend the organization.
- Manage security operations in mobile environment.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with law enforcement organizations (FBI, MI State Police, etc.).
- Minimum of 5 years of network and network security experience. A Bachelor’s /Associates degree preferred but will consider equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Ability to work both with internal employees at all levels of the organization, as well as customer staff.
- Required: network and firewall design, implementation, and management
- Experience designing highly available firewall and network solutions with the goal to to protect sensitive data and provide uptime.
- Remote Site, End user and datacenter switching and routing environment experience (Cisco IOS, NX-OS).
- End user and data center backend wireless infrastructure.
- Manage end user and data center next generation layer 7 firewalls. Palo Alto experience is preferred.
- Manage VPN solutions including troubleshooting end user VPN issues, Palo Alto GPN preferred.
- Management of physical cabling, both copper and fiber as needed.
- Management of SNMP based monitoring solution (PRTG experience is preferred), NetBrain, Rancid, and other network tools.
Why do you want to work here? STARS is the wholly owned subsidiary for Advanced Radiology Services. Our goal is to support the practice so our physicians can provide the highest level of service to our patients and health care partners. We are passionate about this mission! We work hard but we are also committed to improving the lives of our employees through ongoing culture and wellness initiatives. Come see for yourself why it’s a great place to work.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Network: 5 years (Preferred)
- Security: 5 years (Preferred)
- Network & Firewall Design: 2 years (Required)
- VPN Solutions: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location