YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you're passionate about.
What's Important to You Is Important to Us
We're looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them-friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission-making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don't take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2021 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• 2021 People Companies that Care
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To serve as provider and subject matter expert (SME) for the Core Banking Services team delivering services to the organization. To provide forward-looking, industry perspective and is responsible for the full lifecycle process of the service including definition, execution, and governance. To develop and implement resource strategy for the respective service. The Assistant Manager will oversee services with low to medium complexity and/or medium to high maturity (Service impact - low to medium breadth and depth). Services are well defined within NFCU and within the industry, primarily steady state with a CSI focus. They will work closely with Service Owner for guidance and supervision and provide actionable feedback to Resource and Vendor Managers to ensure expected performance to SLAs.
• Develop and define clear core work definitions, process flows and operating models; demonstrate the complete life cycle and capabilities of the Service.
• Guide and analyze benchmarking trend analysis and other input to drive continuous improvement and elevate service performance.
• Bring external perspective and ideas from relevant sources, keep current on technology, government/policy impacts and industry best practices.
• Partner with Enterprise Architects to determine and define the technical architecture required to implement and support the Service.
• Evaluates the performance and trends of assigned services to customers, including KPIs and SLAs and ensures service levels are achieved in the with SLAs and SLOs.
• Build and maintain relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders and/or external contacts (vendors, etc.).
• Perform benchmarking and trend analysis to incorporate continuous improvement or defined enhancements into the Service(s) functions.
• Ensure effective and efficient allocation of staff resources (supply) to the service projects and initiatives (demand) by scoping out length and duration of projects.
• Establish workforces by identifying the skills required to fulfill product area needs and provide steady availability of high quality resources.
• Partner with ISD Resource and Vendor Managers to ensure that the right resources (skills, competencies, team size) are available and obtainable.
• Provide constructive and actionable feedback to resources, Resource Managers and Vendor Managers to ensure expected performance and satisfy service SLAs.
• Ensures compliance with Navy Federal's ISD standards, practices, and processes.
• Ensure clear, concise, and effective communication of material.
• Performs supervisory/managerial duties:
o Ensure adequate/skilled staffing; select employees
o Establish performance goals and priorities
o Prepare, conduct, and review performance appraisals
o Develop, mentor and counsel staff
o Provide input and/or prepare budge requirements for Annual Financial Plan (AFP)
o Ensure section/branch goals and objectives align with division/department strategy
o Ensure efficiency of operations
• Perform other related duties and assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Exposure to leading, guiding and coaching professional staff of a technical nature
• Exposure to resource allocation and management
• Exposure to managing personnel and information technology resources
• Working knowledge of Service Life Cycle
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Effective research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Effective in producing desired results and achieving goals and objectives
• Exposure to working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, and vendors
• Effective skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Working knowledge of development or operations framework methodologies, including Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Scrum and Kanban
• Effective skills in relationship building, negotiation and facilitation skills
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal functions, philosophy, operations, procedures and organizational objectives
• Understanding of hybrid and full cloud infrastructure technologies (Preferably Azure - IaaS, PaaS & SaaS solutions)
• Experience in implementing cloud-based solutions that leverages cloud best practices and security controls
• Experience in supporting and delivering technical solutions in a large financial institution ideally related to Core Banking services.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602
*Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report onsite 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting onsite will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and onboarding process.
Salary: Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
The salary range for this position is: $95,600 to $163,500 Annual
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.