Cynosure is well positioned competitively to lead and transform the medical aesthetics industry. We are guided by our belief that this is a purpose-driven business, which improves patient’s lives and improves practitioner’s livelihoods.
- We are passionate about driving a healthy and growing medical aesthetics industry with leading-edge marketing which inspires consumers to engage in medical aesthetics.
- We are the leader in science-based technology which elevates the standard of care for consumers.
- We are relentlessly focused on being the undisputed innovation leader, addressing the growing demand for consumer treatments across all demographics.
- We are committed to building and strengthening our unmatched global footprint, with direct employees on five continents and in 15 countries and growing, and distributor partners serving over 130 countries.
- We put our people first and believe personal development drives business development.
- We love our customers and strive give them the leading-edge technology, service, marketing support and clinical education to improve their patient’s outcomes and to improve their livelihoods.
At Cynosure, we look for people who make an impact and encourage everyone to lead, create, and add value. In turn, we invest in our team to grow people’s careers and build upon our high-performance and culture-oriented organization. We work together as one team, winning together.
As we grow our global team, there is no better time to join us. As a market leader in medical aesthetics, Cynosure has over 25 years developing, manufacturing, and marketing products for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, and healthcare practitioners. With the aesthetic industry’s most comprehensive product portfolio, our offerings span several categories including skin revitalization, body contouring, hair removal, and women’s health.
Our mission is to set Cynosure customers up for success shaping future leaders of the aesthetics industry and helping everyone who uses our technologies discover their version of beautiful.
Learn more about us by following our LinkedIn and Instagram sites and please visit us at www.Cynosure.com.
Cynosure is seeking a Surgical Sales Manager to achieve annual sales objectives through selling and supporting Cynosure’s advanced surgical and energy-based products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- This person is expected to demonstrate high performance practices and competencies as they meet and exceed the objectives for this role.
- Embody and deliver the “Exceptional Everyday”
- 75 % travel is required
Strategic Role Responsibilities
- Assists surgeons on patient selection and during cases to develop relationship and upsell usage of surgical products
- Represent Cynosure at tradeshows, association meetings and weekend programs to promote products and meet with/close current and potential customers
- Work closely with Capital, Marketing, Sales Support and Clinical Teams to find and develop new sales opportunities across the full breadth of the Surgical and non-surgical portfolio
- Manage and attend at least one revenue generating event for customers on a weekly basis to promote Cynosure’s surgical and aesthetic products
- Exceed sales target on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Exceed minimum metric expectation on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, including but not limited to in person and phone cold calling and prospecting as well as closing new accounts and upselling/accelerating usage from current accounts
- Provide quarterly strategic sales planning, including “Swarming” the territory and QBRs with customers and Regional Sales Director
- Completes all administrative duties in a timely fashion and to the appropriate level of detail.
- Communicates customer feedback on new products and/or modifications to existing products or applications to internal stakeholders including R&D, Operations and Marketing.
- Up to 75% travel - must be able to travel on a weekly basis as needed and by various modes of transportation (air, ferries, car, etc.)
Operational Role Responsibilities
- Actively pursues leads to achieve sales targets in the surgical market.
People & Leadership Responsibilities
- Collaborates and coordinates with Cynosure field sales team, clinical team and customer success team on customer, patient and surgical support required and sales growth objectives.
- Implements market development plans/strategies and KOL relationships.
- Works closely with Marketing in developing new business opportunities through programs and product introduction to protect and grow our business.
- Negotiation and closing skills
- Demonstrates strategic and competitive mindset in identifying, cultivating, and strengthening customer relationships.
- Demonstrate the ability to take a complicated process and simplify it to drive sales
- Exhibit strong creative, problem-solving and time management skills
- Must be able to influence and build effective relationships with team members in other functional areas
- Must possess a high sense of urgency and strong work ethic
- Track record of success. OR/ASC/Surgical experience a plus
- Must have track record and personal passion for enabling account success post sale
- Excels in a fast-paced, multi-tasking and competitive environment
- Passionate, self-starter who drives high performance and consistently deliver on commitments
- Drive to Fill the Funnel & Close Deals
1. High energy & resilience to cold call and take ‘no’ for an answer
2. Strong network in the Facial Plastic market
- Passion for Nurturing & Growing
3. Deep satisfaction in seeing accounts grow over time
4. Thrives in the OR
5. Skilled at enabling Doctor – Patient communication
Qualifications (Select the minimum qualifications required for this position to successfully achieve business requirements)
- Associate’s degree required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree required
- PhD required
- Education and experience combination:
- Associate’s degree is equivalent to 18 months of experience
- Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to three (3) years of experience
- Master’s degree is equivalent to four (4) years of experience
- Specific Related Experience: 3 years of sales experience within the medical device industry with 1-2 years of Operating Room and/or ASC experience, OR 5 years of outside sales experience
- 0 to 2 years relevant experience
- 2 to 5 years relevant experience
- 5 to 8 years relevant experience
- 8+ years relevant experience
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Lifting/pushing/pulling and carrying products weighing up to 45 pounds
- Potential Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
- Potential Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials.
- Safety Shoes compliant with site specific policies/procedures must be worn in designated areas
- Potential Exposure to blood.
- Other (please specify)
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran