- Work closely with Engineering and Security leadership, architects, and teams to design, plan, implement, and deliver solutions to Indeed’s data access needs.
- Guide and mentor fellow engineering team members.
- You are someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day and you understand how to use data to make decisions.
- You find passion in the craft, constantly seeking improvement and striving to find better ways to solve tough problems. You’re driven to produce the highest quality code and lead others to do the same.
- You are someone who can build scalable, reliable systems that span multiple data centers around the world and handle millions of requests every day.
- You are equally happy talking about policy and guidelines as you are geeking out over database and distributed system security controls.
- You want to be in the mix technically while providing leadership to your teams.
- 5+ years of experience building large-scale software systems and a strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills as a software engineer
- Expert with programming languages such as Java, Scala, Rust, Go, C++, or C#
- Significant experience with large scale, high-performance, distributed systems
- Experience working with cloud service providers, ideally with AWS (specifically VPC, IAM, Bucket Policies, Security Groups, EC2, S3)
- Demonstrated experience focusing on security and access controls. For example:
- Role-based access controls & Attribute-based access controls
- API Security and Access Control (OAuth/SAML, Web SSO, SSL etc.)
- Hands-on knowledge of authentication and identity management systems such as: LDAP, Kerberos, OIDC, OAuth, SAML, SCIM, OPA
- Working knowledge of networking/security concepts, protocols, VPC, ACLs
- Demonstrated experience designing and building APIs. For example:
- Knowledge of API best practices and performance tuning
- Experience in API-led development and ability to build interfaces using Messaging, Pub-Sub model & Databases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
The Product Technology organization is responsible for Indeed’s foundational technology and platforms for job seeker and employer products. We help build and maintain analytics tools used weekly by most Indeedians, guide Indeed’s cloud infrastructure strategy and keep the website up and running, and finally offer secure login, payment, and communication systems for job seekers and employers.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, September 2021)
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Seattle 184,000 - 266,000 USD per year
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Fair Chance Hiring
We value diverse experiences, including those who have had prior contact with the criminal legal system. We are committed to providing individuals with criminal records, including formerly incarcerated individuals, a fair chance at employment.
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy and Accessibility Policies - https://www.indeed.com/legal/indeed-jobs
Learn about our global employee perks, programs and benefits - https://benefits.indeed.jobs/
Where legally permitted, Indeed requires all individuals attending or working out of Indeed offices or visiting Indeed clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For positions that can only be performed at an Indeed office, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition of employment. For positions that require some in-office work or in-person client meetings, exceptions to these in-office or in-person job requirements may be made at the discretion of the business through June 2022, at which point full vaccination will be required. Indeed will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 there should have been a two week period after receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or a two week period after receiving a single-dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.
Reference ID: 40229