Charter Communications is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charter’s business strategy and it’s the philosophy that guides our 90,000 employees.
The Advanced Engineering department resides in the Charter Technical Engineering Center (CTEC
) facilities in Englewood, CO and oversees the design and architecture of Charter’s multi-billion dollar network infrastructure. We investigate, select, develop, and integrate technologies and solutions that meet the needs of the company for short, medium and long term initiatives. This includes the delivery of the technology plan and future architecture for Voice, Video, Data, Optical, Commercial, Cloud, CPE, Network and Access.Job Summary
Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's telecommunications and signal processing hardware, software and electrical systems. Works with technical operations staff on system design and configuration. Works with design teams and advises team leaders.Major Duties And Responsibilities
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Tests and reviews system designs.
- Provides Engineering Technical support and guidance to regional personnel and ensure all technical integration, changes, standards and documentation are met.
- Mentors and guides the work of technical staff.
- Reviews work plans and designs and advises on improvements.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Basic knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Basic knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Basic knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Basic knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations.
- Basic knowledge of network devices and basic network appliances
- Basic knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field or related work experienceRelated Work Experience And Number Of Years
Network engineering work experience: 5-10
Project management work experience: 5-10PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
Python and relevant libraries (paramiko, requests, etc)
Automation tools such as Ansible, Cisco NSO and ACI, Terraform, etc
Modeling and markup languages such as Yang, HTML, XML, JSON
Knowledge of company products and servicesWORKING CONDITIONS
Office environment - current hybrid model - 3 days in office/2 days remote
Here, employees don’t just have jobs, they build careers. That’s why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $107,600.00 to $191,200.00
. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.Get to Know Us
Charter Communications is known in the United States by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Internet®, TV, Mobile and Voice, Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, you’re joining a strong community of more than 93,000 individuals working together to serve more than 32 million customers in 41 states and keep them connected to what matters most. Watch this video to learn more.Who You Are Matters Here
We’re committed to growing a workforce that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement. EOE, including disability/vets. Learn about our inclusive culture.