We are a technology startup based in New York City.
Core Values: Client Focus, People-centric, Relentless, Substance, Creative, Efficient, Simplicity.
What the role is about
Looking for a Network Manager who will be responsible for the management, installation, maintenance, availability, and support of the company's network infrastructure. He/She will take an active role in provisioning IT infrastructure as the company grows. He/she will lead a team of network engineers across multiple sites
To manage a team of network engineers to ensure that the users of the network are provided with the quality of service that they expect.
- The network has high availability and complies with the agreed SLA uptime
- The network has proper redundancy in place in case of failure
- The network must continue to meet the demands of business as it grows
- The network team, as a whole, knows how to properly handle and resolve network
- The network team has the proper staffing for all business hours
- Strategic Thinker
- Super organized
- Hands-on type of person
- Likes to continuously learn and improve oneself
- Good business intuition
- Natural-born leader
Who you are
To ensure success as a Network Manager, you should have in-depth knowledge of networking, architecture, and security protocols. You should be analytical and detail-oriented with good troubleshooting and problem-solving ability. Good customer service skills and the ability to provide solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop, coach, and mentor engineering and leadership talent
- Contribute to strategic and tactical product planning
- Be responsible for the delivery and operation of a high-quality network that helps our client
- Contribute to the sense of psychological safety on your team
- Hold regular 1:1s with all members of your team
- Give regular and clear feedback on the individual's performance
- Foster technical decision-making on the team, but make final decisions when necessary
- Supports lifecycle (patching, upgrades, EOL hardware refreshes).
- Compliance/Audit remediation of requests coming from the client service line, internal
InfoSec, or through vendor publishing vulnerabilities.
- Engaged with other IT Service Lines to ensure that network design is integrated with
security, telephony, and systems designs.
- Define measures and targets to be used as key performance indicators (KPIs) to track
lifecycle and compliance status & progress.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all policies, procedures, and
regulations relating to job duties.
- Manage network team to ensure the design of network services meets business
- Manage network team(s) involvement with implementations and project delivery
- Plan, design and help the networking team in establishing a network knowing the
requirements of the organization or the clients
- Design specifications for establishing security in the networks and protecting vulnerable
- Coordinate with the hardware and software suppliers, negotiate with them, and place
- Plan the budget for the network, recommend proper software and hardware such as routers,
hubs, hard disks, wires, etc., for networking understanding the type and use of the
- Troubleshoot any kind of hardware and software problems at the end users site and
make sure that there is no problem in accessing any resource for the users
- Update the systems regularly with antivirus, firewall, and spyware and protect any kind of
viruses and breakdowns in the network
- Maintain remote monitoring systems and keep a track of the use of resources provided to
the employees and the end users
- Sets authentication and authorization and restricts users from accessing important and
vital information available
- Bachelor's Degree in BSIT, BS CoE or equivalent
- 5 years or related work experience
- Five years of large-scale network infrastructure lifecycle and compliance experience
- Three to five years of information network management experience
- Supervisory responsibility over staff members
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work in a multitasked environment.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Build the network team and lead the overall growth and strategy for the team
- Mentor and upskill existing team of network engineers
- Support, teach, and learn from, other team-members
- Exceptional collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Great at organizing, prioritizing, and multitasking
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Be open and willing to take on additional responsibilities outside of this role.
We are a growing company!
Nice to have:
- Experience in hardware setup and deployment in on-prem data centers
- Experience in network setup in cloud environments such as AWS
What we expect you to have:
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- People management skills
- Team management skills
- Project management skills
What’s on offer: Let’s discuss benefits and perks!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Health savings account (HSA) & flexible spending account (FSA)
- Commuter Benefit
- 401 K with 4% matching
- Paid Time Off
- Visa and Green Card sponsorship
- Flexible scheduling
- Discretionary Bonus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Long Island City, NY 11101: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Computer networking: 4 years (Required)
- AWS: 5 years (Required)
- Network management: 4 years (Required)
- Network engineering: 4 years (Required)
- Team management: 4 years (Required)
- Budgeting: 4 years (Required)
- Data center: 4 years (Preferred)
- Computer hardware: 4 years (Required)
- Network infrastructure: 4 years (Required)
Work Location: One location