At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Northrop Grumman Space Systems - Launch and Missile Defense Systems has an exciting career opportunity for a Sr. Principal Reliability Engineer (Software & Hardware) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL. Position Overview: The selected Sr. Principal Reliability Engineer will support the Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) Program. Responsibilities include software reliability analysis utilizing Reliasoft and PTC Windchill Quality Solution (WQS) tools. The selected candidate will also serve as technical team leadership for existing RAM&T efforts, including RAM&T Program planning, scheduling, assigning tasks, assessing progress, tracking deliverables, and reporting, with focus on program milestones. The selected candidate should have a good understanding of program controls, IPT lead and/or CAM skills, to succeed in meeting team milestones. Essential Functions: * Modeling and analysis with an emphasis on the following:
* Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM)
* Reliability Block Diagrams(RBDs)
* Probabilistic Reliability Analysis (PRA)
* Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) at the functional, interfaces, and part level
* Failure Reporting and Corrective Action Systems (FRACAS)
* Fault Tree Analysis
* As the RAM&T technical team lead, the selected candidate will be responsible for team planning, scheduling, tasking, schedule status updates, and reporting to SEIT lead, and task assignment/team coordination.
* Communicate openly and effectively with teammates and customer representatives.The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Basic Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline preferred from an accredited university and 9 years of experience, or a Master's Degree and 7 years of experience, or 4 years of related experience with a PhD.
* Experience in reliability analysis of both hardware and software engineering processes.
* Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% to support business needs.
* A current active in-scope U.S. Government DoD Secret security clearance is required to start.Preferred Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field.
* Experience with Missile Defense Agency systems.
* Experience developing RAM&T program plans and metrics
* Strong interpersonal and presentation skills to collaborate effectively within a technical team environment. Salary Range: $103,900 USD - $155,900 USD Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sr. Principal Reliability Engineer (Software & Hardware) with Security Clearance
. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sr. Principal Reliability Engineer (Software & Hardware) with Security Clearance
. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Business Requirements
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Failure Causes
- Failure Mode Effects And Criticality Analysis
- Fault Tree Analysis