SR ENGINEERING PROJECT COORDINATOR
Are you ready to make your mark? If you’re a Project Coordinator, we have an exciting opportunity for you. The Engineering Project Coordinator is responsible to coordinate all activities related to the projects assigned. These responsibilities include leading multi-disciplined teams through the Product Life Cycle/New Product Introduction. The coordinator is accountable for all hardware procurement to support all testing and customer shipments. This position may have contact with both suppliers and customers.
What’s In It For You
At Woodward, our “employees” are called and treated as “members”…. and we’ve created a culture that appreciates and values the contributions of every member. It’s a positive collaborative environment where members work together for outstanding outcomes.
Woodward offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
Estimated annual base pay: $66,000.00 - $82,000.00 (midpoint)
Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. *Colorado only
- Annual cash bonus opportunity
- Up to 4.5% 401(k) match PLUS another 5% in Woodward stock options contributed to members’ 401(k) accounts annually, bringing the retirement benefit opportunity to an amazing 9.5%
- Up to $5250 in Tuition Reimbursement annually for all members
- 11 paid holidays, including a floating holiday
- High quality, low cost medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- Vacation / Sick Time / Vacation Buy-up / Short Term Disability / Bereavement leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Member Life & AD&D / Long Term Disability / Member Optional Life
- Spouse / Child Optional Life / Optional AD&D / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- Voluntary benefits, including:
- Home / Auto Insurance discounts
- Whole Life Insurance / Critical Illness Insurance / Legal Assistance / Military Leave
What you will be doing
- Create and maintain project schedules using project management tools
- Manage and track Project Schedule, Budget, and CTC (within PLC process), and report out at project status meetings and project reviews, as needed
- Coordinate, track and expedite all hardware needed to support testing and customer shipments. Manage and work through project launch teams to ensure that the PLC project scope and outcome is achieved.
- Read and execute MRP to meet schedule requirements. Execute, monitor and control the schedule, financial deliverables, risk management and scope to meet or exceed stakeholder and customer expectations.
- Track and update resource requirements for all assigned projects. Responsible for allocating resources and management of the project team.
- Facilitate project issues with various functional areas of the company and with suppliers and customers. Utilize PLC process to support new product development.
- Lead project status meetings and maintain action item lists. Work across business to resolve elevated issues internally and with the Customer, ensuring barriers that could impede program progress are removed.
- Coordinate and review Engineering Changes for assigned projects. Coordinate with Customer Account Managers to act as the primary point of customer contact for projects.
- Present and represent project status to Customer and Woodward leadership
- Engage in independent contact with Customer
- Lead department and/or cross-functional team in process improvement activities
- Manage project scope change. Coordinate response to Customer scope changes in collaboration with the Customer Account Manager and the project team.
What We Are Looking For
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentations
- High level of competency in the use of PC's and associated software (MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.). Good business sense.
- Strong knowledge of SAP applications such as Bill of Material, Engineering Change, and Planning screens
- Complete understanding of the NPI process
- Basic knowledge of and use of Project Management tools
- Demonstrates leadership skills including the building of effective teams, an ability to manage conflict, the effective setting of priorities in the team and an ability to clearly defines roles, responsibilities and objectives
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize tasks on multiple projects
- Strong ability to lead the department and team on process improvement activities
- Responsive and comfortable working in a dynamic environment and effectively driving critical cross-functional tasks
- Effective planning thought processes
- Ability to identify and mitigate project risks
- Understands project disciplines: design engineering, test engineering, manufacturing, customer quality, supplier quality, purchasing, materials (MRP), cost estimating and sales
- High School degree or International equivalent required
- Bachelor degree or International equivalent preferred
- Lean and formal problem solving training preferred
- APICS Certification preferred
- Minimum of 7 years experience in similar job function (e.g. Development Project Coordination, Production Planning, NPI Processes)
- Manufacturing processes knowledge desired
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Project Management
Primary Location United States-Colorado-Fort Collins, Lincoln Campus
Schedule FULL TIME
Shift 1st Shift / Day Job