We are looking for a Full-time/contract employee for a Software Developer.
Designs, codes, and modifies complex computer programs, subroutines, triggers, stored procedures, objects, classes, and scripts using C#, ASP.net, and Oracle Database. Develops Batch and Data Exchange processes and scripts. Performs necessary testing of assigned programs, including the generation of test data, writing test scripts/execution sequences, examining test results, debugging detected errors, etc. Uses current software development methods/techniques and established development standards (which include programming standards, documentation standards and testing standards) to ensure the quality and maintainability of applications. Participates in code reviews to ensure compliance with development standards and system/business requirements. (35%)
Works with trainers, technical support staff, network specialists and contract staff to perform modifications and/or updates to existing systems or to implement new systems. Identifies, investigates, and resolves production problems. This may include analyzing problems, coding, testing, implementing, and training of other technical staff and/or customers. (25%)
Analyzes requirements for new applications/enhancements to be implemented in the division. (10%)
Works with a software development team. Communicates with other team members to coordinate development efforts. Provides development status to the team leader or project manager. (20%)
Assists in the development and maintenance of systems documentation. (10%)
CANDIDATE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS(Required):
- Experience in computer programming, analysis and development of complex business processes and system solutions
- Experience in coding, testing, and debugging of programs that are in development and/or requiring support for issue resolution, performance or enhancement
- Ability to process information logically; to design programs and systems logic; to prepare program specifications.
- Highly developed oral and written communications skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others motivate employee and elicit work output
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology industry trends, directions and market experience; ability to relate them to own organization
- Knowledge of architectural concepts, principles, and tools relevant to infrastructure, information, applications, organizational structure, etc.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies (new to company systems as well as those that are new to the information systems industry)
- Knowledge of tools, techniques and good practices for protecting the integrity of corporate data and associated processing, company technology practices, standards and procedures
- Knowledge of solution delivery utilizing Agile or Scrum methodology
- Familiarity with company's information architecture and information management methodologies
- Familiarity with the existing and planned software technology and the global, regional and local software architecture and infrastructure components